Friday, December 5, 2008

Nayanthara is out of Lingusamy’s Paiyya

nayanthara hot kollywood actress

Nayanthara is out of Lingusamy’s Paiyya produced by his brother Bose under their home banner Thirupathi Pictures and directed by him in which Karthi was supposed to be her co-star.


Remember that Lingusamy had signed Nayanthara for a whopping salary of more of than Rs1 Crore for this project. Everybody was shocked by the figure, as no female lead has ever been paid so much in Kollywood. No other star in Tamil has commanded and got such price which clearly indicated that she adds value and opening to a film.


Said a peeved Nayanthara: “I have a valid contract with the producer on my salary and now with no substantial reason, he wants me to bring it down. Why should I? I had given dates for this film from September and for the last three months he was unable to start the shoot due to various reasons. I understood his situation and waited patiently without signing any new film. In the meantime, I came to know that Lingusamy was contacting other actresses and spreading false rumours about me which I ignored, giving him due respect as a film maker.”


In fact, Nayanthara was to meet Nalini Sriram her costume designer and the director for the photo-shoot that was slated for mid- December.Out of the blue, Lingusamy called up Nayan’s manager and said that he wanted to re- negotiate her salary stating that he does not have the budget to pay the promised salary and he was on cost cutting!


Nayan is honest and upfront about the way she feels: “ Lingusamy must have thought that I will silently take a cut in my salary while he will get the name of a producer who paid a Crore to his heroine and walk away with all the publicity. Did he not know about the budget when he signed me? He could have been more transparent by discussing his problems with me in the larger interest of the film instead of playing nasty games? I would have definitely come down on my salary if he had told me about his budget”


It is indeed a tough decision that Nayanthara has taken which clearly shows that she is strong and honest in a way.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cheap Web Hosting | Top Web Host | Great HTML Templates from easytemplates.com.