Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oviya accept the offer only for Kamal!

Oviya, who debuted as heroine in last year’s successful film ‘Kalavaani’ opposite ‘Pasanga’ Vimal, was over the moon a fortnight back that she had played a brief guest role in Kamal Haasan-Madhavan-Trisha-Sangeetha starrer ‘Manmadhan Ambu’.  Oviya had given a good account of herself as an actress of substance in ‘Kalavaani’, directed by award-winning director Pandiraj.

Oviya8

Two weeks into the release of ‘Manmadhan Ambu’, Oviya now says she regrets that she accepted the offer to star in the film.  She is especially unhappy that her role had been pruned down ‘heavily’ in the ultimate version of the film.  The charm of having been part of a ‘Kamal-starrer’ has waned away, she admits.

In the final analysis, it turned out that Oviya did nothing more than fetching snacks to Madhavan in the film.  “I agreed to the offer mainly because it stars Kamal Sir in the lead.  I’d have been happy even if I was shown in 3-4 sequences.  Unfortunately, I just appear in not more than a couple of sequences.

“It would have been far better if I had been shown at least in a single frame with Kamal Sir.  Now, I’m being made to regret what I did,” says Oviya, disappointment writ large on her pretty face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cheap Web Hosting | Top Web Host | Great HTML Templates from easytemplates.com.